The Old Cattle Shed, Wayanad - amã Stays & Trails
The Old Cattle Shed is a two-bedroom, two-storey bungalow situated in the midst of 25-acre coffee plantation estate. The house gets its name from the traditional Kerala-style roof tiles, wooden columns and design elements that were repurposed from a 50 year-old cattle shed that once stood here. The highlight though, is the bungalow’s stilt architecture that stands out beautifully with the raw touch of wood and stone in almost all the spaces. Guests can take time at exploring the lush green surroundings of the bungalow or simply enjoy the awe-inspiring views from the porch while they sip on coffee from the estate.
The Old Cattle Shed allows you a chance to savor the traditional delicacies of Kerala, cooked using family recipes passed down generations. The meals are cooked by our in-house chefs using the freshest ingredients available locally, and sometimes carry a Arab, Chinese and European influence that is unique to the flavours of Malabar. You can also cook with the chefs and learn more about the authentic flavours of the region, or request a meal cooked to your specifications, be it comfort food or your all-time favourites.
- Check-in from 4:00 PM.
- Check-out till 11:00 AM.
- Breakfast - 0800 - 1030 hrs.
- Lunch - 1230 - 1430 hrs.
- Dinner - 2000 - 2300 hrs.
- Early check-in and late check-out on request.
- We accept Master Card, Visa.
- We do not sell alcohol at the property, however you are allowed to carry your own.
- We request you to inform us in advance of your meal preference on the day of your arrival.
- Pet policy : We allow pets with their owners at the bungalow