amã Stays & Trails Cottabetta Bungalow, Coorg
Cottabeta Bungalow or the ‘Cold Mountain’ in South Coorg is nestled in the Western Ghats. The air is crisp and cinnamon trees are interspersed with tall teak trees on which pepper vines climb to great heights. An old fig tree stands silent witness of the evolution of the Cottabeta Bungalow. The heritage bungalow, once occupied by British planters, built on an elevated plain, with a mesmeric view of the Brahmagiri Range. Parakeets, red whiskered bulbuls and barbets fly in and feast on the fruit trees, supported by the estate. The Bungalow dwells in the estate from where come some of the finest Robusta Coffee ripened by the rays of the winter sun filtering through the leaves of silver oak and rosewood trees .Indulge in the coffee from the Cottabeta Coffee Estate which has one of the highest yields of pepper, that gives a rich spicy note to the coffee.
The Bungalow boasts a collection of timeless furnitures, starting from the rosewood dining table, the hardwood recliners & the armchairs overlooking the misty charm of the hills. The Cottabetta garden is home to schools of butterflies, hovering their way through the blossoms & the humming of honeybees on their mission to pollinate & bring nature to its sustenance.
Visitors get to choose from an array of local delicacies along with North Indian, Jain and Continental dishes. The in-house chef at the Cottabetta Bungalow can prepare a variety of dishes to satiate all kinds of foodies! A common dining area comprising a table for six carved from a single log of rosewood is the main highlight of the bungalow.
- Check-in from 2:00 PM
- Check-out till 12:00 PM
- Early check-in and late check-out on request
- We accept Master Card, Visa.
- We do not sell alcohol at the property, however you are allowed to carry your own.
- We request you to inform us in advance of your meal preference on the day of your arrival.
- To ensure ease of convenience and faster check in process please send your ID proof in advance on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pet policy : We allow pets with their owners at the bungalow only if the full bungalow has been reserved
While we do not have a Swimming pool, Spa or Gym at the Bungalow, we are happy to inform guests that they may avail of these facilities at our nearest Group hotel, the Taj Madikeri Resort & Spa, Coorg.