amã Stays & Trails Glenlorna Bungalow, Coorg
The erstwhile home of Glen & Lorna, two daughters of the planter who built this abode in the valley of Hudikeri overlooking the steps of tea farm. Located in the hills of South Coorg, the Glenlorna Tea Plantation Estate lies at an impressive elevation of 808 m, surrounded by the famed fauna and flora of the Western Ghats. With slanting roofs, an arched portico, red-tiles on the floor and antique wooden beds, the bungalow has been standing strong with time ever since 1914.
The Glenlorna estate gets an abundance of rainfall and is not only famous for its tea, but also pepper crops and areca nuts. The area surrounding the estate are home to wild boars, hares and an array of birds, considered to be one of the most ecologically sustained zone. Glenlorna is well- renowned for its impressive tea production averaging to roughly around 3,845 kilograms of tea per hectare, post-harvest. Glenlorna is also the only tea estate with a processing unit in the Coorg District.
A mix of local, North Indian, Continental and Jain cuisines, the bungalow serves food that is not only simple but delicious and extremely satiating. From payasam to pudding, visitors can indulge in a wide range of desserts at the Glenlorna Bungalow. Don’t forget you’re visiting a tea estate, so you can enjoy fragrant, piping hot tea whenever you like!
- Check-in from 2:00 PM
- Check-out till 12:00 PM
- Early check-in and late check-out on request
- We accept Master Card, Visa.
- We do not sell alcohol at the property, however you are allowed to carry your own.
- We request you to inform us in advance of your meal preference on the day of your arrival.
- To ensure ease of convenience and faster check in process please send your ID proof in advance on email@example.com
- Pet policy : We allow pets with their owners at the bungalow only if the full bungalow has been reserved
While we do not have a Swimming pool, Spa or Gym at the Bungalow, we are happy to inform guests that they may avail of these facilities at our nearest Group hotel, the Taj Madikeri Resort & Spa, Coorg.